Steamfitter – Pipefitter
Steamfitter – pipefitters lay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain and repair piping systems which carry water, steam, chemicals or fuel used in heating, cooling, lubricating and other processes.
To install a typical piping system in a commercial building or industrial plant, steamfitter – pipefitters:
- Study blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the type of pipe and tools to use, and lay out the sequence of tasks
- Sometimes make detailed sketches for pipe and equipment fabrication and installation, as required
- Measure, cut, thread, groove, bend, assemble and install metal, plastic and fibreglass pipes, valves and fittings
- Join pipe sections, related equipment and secure in position
- Use testing equipment to check systems for leaks
Do I qualify?